3 June 2009

2nd session

That was a lot harder than I thought it would be, and we've only got to 'Uni'. Talking about my Grandad reduced me to tears several times, and you realise you never really get over losing some people from your life. I miss him every day, yet he's been gone longer than I had him.

Ended up quite a mess after our worker left, and I was given a glass of wine to relax with, which I think merely opened up the raw wounds even more.

She seems of the opinion that my past could hinder our chances of adopting, but I can't change what happened to me, and I think I'm doing really well with everything I've been through. I am 'resilient' apparently - surely that's a good thing, and puts me in a better position to help our kids?


She also said I will need a 3rd session because there was an awful lot she didn't realise and she thinks we'll need even more time. I'm not sure whether I feel relieved or insulted.

No comments:

Post a Comment