28 May 2009

Updates and 1st session

It's been a while. It seems like forever since the course finished, and since we saw some of our friends - and I certainly could C&S and J&B as our friends.

Had our first session with our Link worker last night. We went through our 'homework' (family trees for each of us) and talked about people who've died etc. I also brought out the 'eco-map' I'd worked on, and she seemed impressed. I like to get things done when I know they need doing, so she took it to read over.

Our next 2 sessions are booked. For me. She's doing my profile first. Through various convo's she knows that it wasn't an easy childhood and it's best to get things out of the way now than keep alluding to them. She asked whether I was OK talking to her about it, which surprised me. Surely if I was still screwed up over things I wouldn't be in a position to apply to adopt? Anyway, I said I was fine, as it won't be at a bad TotM, so my hormones will be normal thank god! ;)

She still says 4-6months to get to panel from now. It seems like a lifetime away. She also doesn't know whether she'll be our worker after panel, because she's agency, which leaves me a little apprehensive. Surely to 'match' us it should be someone that knows us very well?

Anyway, no doubt something not worth worrying about at such an early stage.

Hoping to catch up with C&S tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment