27 March 2013

Explaining goodbye..

Josh is coming around tonight.

You're really excited to see him, and you talk about him a lot. Tonight, Josh has to tell you he's going away to sea. I am nervous about how this will go, and how much you will understand. I think you will take it all in, as normal, and take it away to think about. Only later will the questions come.

Josh is such an integral part of our family that I'm not sure how I'm going to cope without him, let alone how you will. I had so hoped he would be around for introductions of your little brother, and to see you take on the big brother role you are so desperate to fill.

Hopefully Skype, pictures and emails will help fill the gap, and give you some understanding. Hopefully Josh will be back for your & your little brother's birthday. I have got so used to having Josh around that I had forgotten he was ever going to go away. Again, situations make you realise how much you love some people and how important they are to you.

I hope you take this OK, little one..

No comments:

Post a Comment