12 May 2012

Little boy 'school'

I guess the day had to arrive sometime. Yesterday we went to look at nurseries/school, as I'm going back to work. Mummy works in a school so you want your own school.

You loved the first one, and whilst it was nice, it was small and cramped and not what I had envisioned, though I didn't know why. I didn't have many options. I have to leave the house at 7am, and there are no options locally for me to drop you off at that time. We decided you'd have to be near my work. options seemed limited.

As I was driving home I suddenly had a thought. I stopped the car, checked my email, and turned the car around.

We just turned up on the fly at another nursery I had contacted. The second I drove in I knew. There was space, there was greenery and it was clean. There was a good security system and we had to wait to be buzzed into the building.

The rooms were large, the staff were friendly and the children looked happy. You settled i straight away and were immediately welcomed and invited by staff.

We stayed an hour or so whilst I talked to staff and you familiarised yourself with the amenities and children. OfSTED are always helpful in the way they're constantly changing the goalposts, but I know what I want for you, and that's not necessarily what OfSTED dictate.

I also found out you have one year before you start school. I can't quite get my head around that, but apparently it's because there's only one intake a year now. You will be the youngest in your class, just like I always was.

I have signed you up to a 'school' that believes in routine and reading and play and making. You need challenging and structure and you need a vast amount of open space.

I hope I have made the right decision for you, but I truly believe this is the best place for you and will give you the best start for school in a year.

My baby boy, where on earth has the time gone?! You are 2years and 10months today xx

No comments:

Post a Comment